By definition, mistakes are made by humans. Each one of us makes mistakes at some point and in some circles mistakes are more likely to occur. During software development, errors are introduced for several reasons which include the below
- Software systems are often complex. Sometimes it is difficult for a developer to fully understand the system they are developing.
- Deadlines and project budget are often insufficient. Developers may not have had enough time to commit to the project.
- Sometimes people are assigned a task for which they are not sufficiently trained.
- It is often difficult to define system requirements and development starts according to the requirements cited. If these assumptions are incorrect then they are introduced into system errors.
- Requirements often change during system development. The complexity of the system and the desire to minimize the effect of change often introduce errors.
Hence, there is a need of app testing companies to minimize the errors, fix the bugs and provide the right platform for users. One such company which has proved excellence since many years in this particular field is DeviQA
Why should you try
There are many reasons why we should try the software, such as:
- Test identifies errors. Failure elimination helps reduce the number of system failures. Reducing faults improves reliability and quality of systems.
- Testing can improve another quality system, such as usability, ease of maintenance, and testability.
- In order to fulfill their contractual obligations. In the last years of the 20th century, systems had to be proven to be free from the ‘millennium problem’.
- In order to comply with legal requirements.
- In order to meet specific industry standards, such as standard rail signaling.
The maximum number of tests required to thoroughly verify a program is doubled with each IF instruction added to the program. 1048576 is a large number of tests for a small program with only 20 if. You cannot wait to test each code path in real systems.
When you examine the possible inputs to a program we find that it is not practical to test all possible combinations of input values. A field of only age can have about 100 possible values. How many possible values are there for a name or address?
Since thorough testing is not practical, you need another approach to design tests that are effective in finding errors. There are many aspects to consider when deciding how much proof is enough. The biggest problem is the risk. Those areas that are considered critical to the business should be tested. The amount of time and other resources allocated to the test affects the amount of testing that can be performed.
If the system has not been tested or is known to contain many defects then the structure has to decide whether the system can be used or if the release is to be delayed until the risks are reduced. The company should evaluate:
- Risks of activities from system errors. This includes data loss, inability to do business and lose face with your customers and the market.
- The effects on the business of non-software distribution. This includes factors such as the lack of availability of a new business function, breach of contractual or legal liability and losing face.
Since there cannot be enough resources to test all aspects of a system before it is released, it is important to prioritize those parts of the system that carry the greatest risk.